Laid off or fired Las Vegas workers deserve unemployment benefits.
Unemployed workers are eligible to receive unemployment benefits under certain conditions
established by law.
The Employment Security Division of the Department of Employment,
Training and Rehabilitation is the agency designated to determine eligibility and issue checks.
To receive unemployment benefits an unemployed person must:
1. File a claim with the Telephone Claim Center or access the Internet Claim
Filing System @ www.NVDETR.org.
2. Be physically able to work.
3. Be available and willing to accept suitable employment if offered.
4. Make a reasonable and sincere effort to find a job.
5. Be unemployed through no fault of your own and meet all other conditions
of the law regarding unemployment benefits.
Some reasons you may not qualify for unemployment benefits are:
1. If you quit your last job or next to last job without good cause.
2. If you were discharged from your last job or next to last job for misconduct in
connection with your work.
3. If while receiving unemployment benefits you refuse an offer of suitable work
without good cause.
4. If you give misinformation or withhold information concerning the reason for
your separation from your last job.
5. If you fail to properly report wages earned by you regardless of amount.
Call James R. Stout, Esq. at STOUT LAW FIRM at (702) 794-4411 to schedule a consultation.